Nowadays, there are so many streaming alternatives that it might be tough to choose. Spotify, Apple Music, and YouTube all offer tempting rates for premium services. Having said that, you may be tempted to abandon Amazon Music in favor of something more appealing.
Still, although joining up for a streaming service is simple, unsubscribing might be difficult at times. If you do it improperly, you may be charged for your membership once again. So, what are the proper procedures to be taken? Here’s how to unsubscribe from Amazon Music on any device.
Canceling Amazon Music on the Web
Canceling from the internet is most likely the simplest technique to cope with this scenario. You have everything in front of you, and it should just take a few clicks to cancel your Amazon music membership.
The procedure is the same as if you were canceling Amazon Prime. Whether you’re using a Mac or Windows computer, or even a Chromebook, these are the basic actions you’ll need to do to cancel your subscription:
- Launch the web browser that you are now using on your computer.
- Enter the Amazon.com URL and go to their home page.
- Select “Accounts & Lists” from the right side of the Amazon site.
- A drop-down option will appear, from which you must pick “Membership & Subscriptions.”
- Go to the bottom page of “Membership & Subscriptions,” and you’ll notice “Music Subscriptions.” Select Amazon Music Unlimited from the screen that appears after clicking on it.
- You’ll find the option to “Cancel Subscription” under “Subscription Renewal Details.” Simply click on it.
- There will be a confirmation box. “Confirm Cancellation” should be clicked.
If you cancel your Amazon Music membership while it is still in the process of renewing, you will not lose any premium data. You may continue to enjoy Amazon Music’s full features until your membership expires.
For example, if your most recent charge was on December 1st, you may still use Amazon Music until January 1st. All subscriptions work this way, so if you cancel your Netflix or Amazon Prime subscriptions, you’ll still receive the balance of the month you paid for. You’ll only lose the premium after the month is over and Amazon no longer requests your next payment.
Canceling Amazon Music on Android
It is also possible to cancel your Amazon Music membership from an Android smartphone. It is a simple procedure whether you are using a tablet or a smartphone. This is what you must do.
- Navigate to the Amazon Music app.
- Select “Amazon Music Unlimited” from the options menu (the gear symbol). You will be sent to a screen with your plan details.
- Scroll down to “Subscription Renewal.” Select “Cancel Subscription” from there.
- When the confirmation box appears, you must choose “Submit and Confirm Cancellation.”
If you’re using an Android smartphone, canceling your membership is likely to be among the simplest, since you’ll only have to go through a few brief steps. That being stated, it is mostly dependent on each individual’s availability.
Canceling Amazon Music on iOS
If you prefer to scroll on an iPhone or iPad, the procedure may need a number of more steps as compared to Android. Having said that, the procedure is still really simple, so canceling your membership on iPhone should just take a few minutes.
Keep in mind that, although the iOS system has an Amazon Music app, you will not be able to cancel your membership from there. You’ll need to use the internet browser on your phone or iPad. What you’ll need to accomplish is as follows:
- Launch your browser and go to Amazon.com.
- Sign in to your account using the hamburger menu (three horizontal lines). It’s in the upper left corner of your homepage.
- Navigate to your account menu and then to the “Account Settings” option.
- “Membership & Subscriptions” may be found in the drop-down menu.
- Click on the “Amazon Music Unlimited” entry.
- You’ll find an option labeled “Amazon Music Unlimited Settings.” Tap that choice and go on.
- The option to “Cancel Subscription” will be shown to you. Obviously, the next step is to tap into it.
- You must provide the reason for your cancellation. You will be given many options, such as discovering a new service or being unable to locate the music you need. After you’ve chosen your reason, click “Confirm cancellation.”
Although there are numerous steps to cancel your Amazon Music membership here, it is still pretty simple. The processes are mostly the same whether you use an iPhone, iPad, or any other iOS-based device.
When you confirm your cancellation, you will be informed that even if you cancel your membership now, you will be able to access it until the end of the paid month.
How to Unsubscribe from Amazon Music on iTunes?
You may also listen to songs on Amazon Music via iTunes. Because these two are often linked, rather than taking any detours, you may just cancel your membership by heading to iTunes.
Payments are conducted via your Apple account, making it easy to cancel your Amazon Music membership through iTunes. Here’s what you’ll need to do to cancel your membership.
- Navigate to support.apple.com in your browser.
- Select “Billing and Subscriptions” once you’re on the main page.
- You will be sent to a page with several selection possibilities. You’ll want to choose “See or Cancel Subscriptions.”
- From that point forward, you will be sent to the iTunes app. You should ideally already have it installed at this point. If you don’t, you should do so right now. Directly click “Download it For Free” on the website.
- Once in the iTunes app, go to the top of the screen and click “Account.” Select the “View My Account” option from there.
- After selecting “Settings,” you should be able to view “Subscriptions.”
- You’ll notice the option to “Manage” next to “Subscriptions.” Select that option.
- Look through your subscriptions to discover “Amazon Music.” To proceed, choose this option.
- Select “Cancel Subscription.” You must also confirm the cancellation.
It takes a bit of a detour with iTunes, but you are prompted in all the proper places. Once you get started, the procedure should be quite simple.
Amazon Music subscriptions may be terminated at any time without penalty. You can accomplish it in a variety of ways, using anything from your phone to a computer. After your current membership has ended, you are free to choose a new one if you so want.