Want to stop receiving recurring charges or cancel your Amazon Prime membership? Despite the convenience of Amazon’s 2-day delivery and Prime Video, you may be considering ending your membership for a variety of reasons. In case you’re looking to save some cash or merely get out of your free trial early, we’ve got you covered with detailed instructions.
Canceling Your Amazon Prime Membership – A Step-by-Step Guide
It’s simple to terminate your whole Amazon Prime subscription. Follow the instructions below to permanently delete your Amazon account from your mobile device or computer. Read on for our detailed instructions if you just want to stop paying for unused memberships.
Cancel Amazon Prime Membership in 4 Steps
You can cancel your Prime membership just as easily on your laptop as you do on the mobile app:
- In the upper right corner of your screen, you’ll see a pull-down option labeled “Account & Lists.”
- To access Prime, choose it from the menu’s subheading “Memberships & Subscriptions.”
- To modify your membership settings (including updating your information, canceling your subscription, and more), choose the corresponding option from the pull-down menu in the upper right corner of the page.
- To formally terminate your Amazon Prime membership, choose the corresponding link below.
How to Cancel Amazon Prime Membership via the App?
If you no longer want to be an Amazon Prime member, canceling your subscription using the mobile app is easy.
- Go to the Amazon Shopping app on your Android or iOS device
- Tap on the 3 small lines at the bottom right side of your screen
- Tap on the ‘Account’ button at the bottom right side of your screen (next to ‘Lists’)
- Find the ‘Manage Prime Membership’ option under ‘Account Settings’ and click it.
- Press the ‘Manage membership’ drop-down and then tap ‘Update, cancel and more’
- Click the “End Membership” button to permanently terminate your Amazon Prime subscription.
Amazon’s Subscription Cancellation Instructions
Accumulating a large number of Amazon subscriptions is much simpler than it should be. Amazon provides a wide variety of subscription services, and the cumulative cost of using them might rapidly become prohibitive. Read on for instructions on how to terminate your Amazon membership:
Cancel Amazon Subscriptions from a Desktop
There are numerous services, like Amazon Audible, that don’t enable you to cancel your membership straight from the Amazon app. However, canceling on your PC is simple and easy:
- Sign in to Your Memberships & Subscriptions on amazon.com.
- To cancel a subscription, find it in the list and then click the ‘Settings’ option (on the far right site)
- Look for a button or link that reads ‘Cancel Membership’ (the location varies per subscription) (the placement varies by subscription)
When you terminate a membership that comes with a monthly credit, you will no longer have access to that credit.