Are you interested in stopping the automatic renewal of Apple subscriptions such as HBO GO, Spotify, or Apple News+ but do not plan to continue using these services? If so, you may be asking how to cancel Apple subscriptions. This page provides information on how to manage Apple subscriptions on various Apple devices, including the iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple TV.
What Are Apple Subscriptions?
Because it provides a variety of advantages to both app developers and consumers, the subscription business model has acquired a lot of popularity in recent years. This is because both developers and customers may profit from it.
Because it ensures a steady flow of cash for the developers of a product or service, charging clients a recurring charge at regular periods for access to that product or service is something that developers like doing. This, in turn, instils trust in the engineers, giving them the ability to extend their operations, introduce new features, and change the emphasis from client acquisition to customer retention.
Customers, on the other hand, like the subscription model of doing business since it gives them access to a great quantity of information for a fee that is affordable on a monthly basis and gives them the opportunity to terminate their membership at any time. Customers do not need to be concerned about upgrades and new versions anymore thanks to the business model of subscriptions, which means that they are already included in the subscription and do not need any further expenditures on their part.
It shouldn’t come as much of a surprise that the Apple App Store is packed with applications that provide in-app subscriptions given the many advantages that the subscription business model provides to app developers as well as the people who use their apps. A subscription is necessary for the operation of some applications and services, such as Apple News+; however, other applications and services provide subscriptions in order to access a variety of premium features.
You can always cancel any Apple membership with just a few clicks, and the next portion of this article will explain how to manage Apple subscriptions on your iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple TV devices.
How to cancel Apple subscriptions on the iPhone and iPad:
- Simply tapping on the app’s icon will bring up the App Store.
- Choose the icon that corresponds to your profile in the upper-right corner.
- Choose the option that says Manage Subscriptions.
- You should now see a list that contains all of your current and previous subscriptions, both active and inactive.
- Click the Cancel Subscription button towards the bottom of the page once you have chosen the subscription that you no longer desire.
You may cancel your App Store subscriptions from inside the App Store app by following the instructions up above, but you can also do it from within the Settings app by following these steps:
- Open the app for configuring settings.
- To access your Apple ID, tap on it.
- Select the option that says iTunes & App Store.
- To access your Apple ID, tap the icon located at the very top.
- To see your Apple ID, choose the View Apple ID option.
- To manage your Apple subscriptions, use the choices available under the Subscriptions menu.
- Select the subscription that you would want to terminate by tapping it.
- Choose the option to Discontinue Subscription, and when asked, provide your affirmative response that you wish to cancel the subscription.
How to Cancelling Apple subscriptions on Mac?
- Launch iTunes on your Mac.
- Proceed to the section labelled Store.
- Simply go to the right column, where you’ll see a link labelled “Accounts,” and then sign in when asked.
- To manage your subscriptions, scroll down to the Settings heading and select the Manage button.
- Click the Edit option once you have chosen the subscription that you want to cancel from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the option to terminate your subscription.
How to Cancel Apple TV Subscriptions?
- Launch the app that controls settings.
- Choose the Accounts option from the menu.
- Choose to Manage Your Subscriptions from the drop-down menu under Accounts.
- Click the Cancel Subscription option once you have chosen the subscription that you no longer want to have and pressed it.
- Please reaffirm your selection.
Cancelling a Trial Subscription
You may terminate a free trial membership by using any one of the three options outlined in the section “How to Cancel a Subscription on the App Store.” Just keep in mind that the functioning of any trial subscriptions you have will cease the moment you cancel them, and not at the conclusion of the monthly cycle that is now active.
For brand-new customers, for instance, Apple offers a free trial of its Apple News+ subscription service that lasts for a full month. If you decide that you would rather cancel it before getting billed, you should wait until the trial is about to end before cancelling it because it will stop working as soon as you cancel it. If you sign up for the free trial but decide that you would rather cancel it before getting billed, you should wait until the trial is about to end.
When you sign up for an Apple membership, cancelling it at any time is as simple as clicking or tapping a few buttons on the same device you used to sign up. You are not need to go through any hurdles in order to use Apple’s subscription service, and if a subscription does not live up to your standards, you are even given the option to get your money back.