Netflix has gone from being the default streaming service to an underdog in the current streaming warfare. Almost the summer, the online media behemoth added over two million members. Still, earlier in the year, it lost subscribers at a rate in the seven figures, which undoubtedly shook the company to its core and led to the cancellation of several programs and the elimination of its animation division. The future seems bleak.
Even more disappointing is that Netflix has decided to implement a fee for account sharing sometime in the future, namely in the year 2023. No specific plans have been made, but they might be comparable to the testing done in South America when customers who gave their account credentials were charged an extra $2. Netflix is also introducing a free, ad-supported tier. The current monthly pricing of $7 (less than Hulu, Disney+, and HBO Max) is low, but it establishes a dangerous precedent for subscribers who want to stay with the service for the long haul. While this change affects the cheaper tiers, the standard and premium plans remain at the same prices as in January.
In light of this information, should one continue to pay for a Netflix subscription or switch to Apple TV, Amazon Prime, or any of the other competing streaming services? We’ve covered you if you’re ready to consolidate your many subscriptions to online video providers.
How to Cancel a Netflix Subscription Using a Web Browser
You may terminate your Netflix account at any time, according to the company’s support site, but doing so will not result in a return. Netflix’s terms of service state that if you cancel during a billing month, your subscription will remain active until the end of that billing period. The service is nonrefundable.
Following these instructions in any web browser (mobile or desktop) will cancel your Netflix membership. While the desktop browser makes the procedure much more manageable, the same steps may be performed on the mobile site. Step 5 may be skipped if you just visit the Netflix account cancellation confirmation page.
- Log in to the Netflix website and choose the account you want to cancel.
- In the upper-right corner of the page, click your profile image.
- To access the Account Details page, click Account.
- If you opt to cancel, click the Cancel Membership button under Membership & Billing to see the cancellation confirmation page, which reveals the end date of your plan.
- Finish Cancelation should be clicked. This launches a survey in which you may choose the reason for your cancellation from predetermined options or submit extensive comments.
- Finish the feedback survey by clicking Done. This returns you to the Account Details page, where you can see when you will lose access to the Netflix series.
If you cancel your Netflix account, you may restart it and pick up where you left off (including your favorites, preferences, and where you left off on previously viewed episodes), as long as you are within 10 months of the cancellation date. You may reactivate the plan by going to netflix.com, heading to the Account Details page (as mentioned in step 3), and clicking the Restart Membership button on the left side of the screen.
How to cancel your Netflix membership using your Android phone or tablet’s Google Play app
If you established your Netflix account on one of the finest Android tablets, it’s likely connected to your Google account. If this is the case, you may terminate your account by following the instructions below:
- Launch the Google Play Store app on your phone or tablet.
- In the upper-right corner, tap the profile symbol. The profile icon displays the image or initials you supplied to the account.
- Select Payments & Subscriptions from the profile menu.
- Subscriptions should be selected.
- Select Netflix and then click Cancel Subscription.
- Please confirm your cancellation.
How to Cancel Your Netflix Subscription on Your Browser Using Google Play?
If you establish your Netflix account using Google Play, the canceling procedure must go through Google Play.
- Go to the Google Play site and log in.
- In the upper-right corner of the page, click your profile symbol.
- Choose Payments & subscriptions from the drop-down menu.
- To begin the unsubscribe procedure, go to the Subscriptions tab.
On your iPhone or iPad, how can you cancel your Netflix subscription?
Users of the iPad and iPhone are in luck. You may cancel your Netflix membership in seconds if you establish your account with the Netflix app for iOS:
- Launch the Settings app.
- Tap your name at the top of the Settings screen.
- Subscriptions may be found under the Apple ID menu.
- Tap Cancel Subscription on Netflix.
- Confirm cancellation.
How to Cancel Your Netflix Subscription on a PC Using iTunes?
You may also cancel your Netflix membership using iTunes.
- Click Account from the top menu in the iTunes app, then View My Account from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down to the Settings area, locate Subscriptions and click Manage to the right.
How to Cancel a Netflix Subscription Using the Mobile App?
It’s unnecessary to include Google or Apple in your Netflix drama. You may accomplish this using the Netflix app on your iOS or Android smartphone.
- Log in to your profile in the app.
- Tap the profile icon in the app’s upper-right corner.
- Choose an Account.
- Scroll to the bottom and choose Cancel Membership.
You are asked to confirm that you wish to cancel, and you are informed that you will lose access to your account at the end of your current subscription period.
You’re unsubscribed instantly, and you can finally detox from the continual assault of media thrown at you from all sides. If, on the other hand, you want to try something new, there are lots of other good streaming services to choose from (many of which offer free trials). Also, while you still have a few days of Netflix streaming remaining, make sure you watch the finest action movies Netflix has to offer.