If you are a subscriber to Spotify Premium, there may come a point when you wish to cancel your membership. This may be because you have switched to a different service or because you no longer find that you use Spotify often enough to warrant the additional cost.
Cancelling your Spotify Premium subscription is a simple procedure that should not take more than a few minutes to complete, regardless of the reason for your decision. You will not be able to cancel your subscription using either the desktop version of Spotify or the mobile app.
Here is how to cancel your Spotify Premium membership using the Spotify website, which can be accessed on any web browser, or through the subscriptions section of your Apple ID.
On a web browser, how do you cancel Spotify Premium?
In the event that you subscribed to Spotify Premium by using Spotify’s website, you will be required to access such a website in order to terminate your subscription. Canceling a subscription cannot be done using either the mobile or desktop app.
- Navigate to the “your account” page on the Spotify website using the PC, your iPhone, or your Android phone.
- To access your account, please log in. To log in to a mobile web browser, press the symbol that looks like three horizontal lines and then pick Log In from the menu that appears. In the top-right hand corner of the page on a web browser for a desktop computer, click the Login button.
- After you have successfully signed in, go to the Account page. To access your account from your mobile device, hit the symbol that resembles three horizontal lines in the top-right corner of the screen, and then pick Account from the drop-down menu. To access your account on the desktop, go to the top-right corner of the screen and click the Profile button.
- Tap or click the Change Plan button after scrolling down to the section labeled “Your plan.”
- Canceling your Spotify Premium subscription may be done by going to the following website and scrolling down to the section labeled “Spotify Free.”
- If you cancel your Premium membership, the next page will explain what you will no longer have access to. To cancel, click the Continue button at the bottom of the page. Then, on the following screen, choose Continue to cancel the transaction once again.
- After that, choose Yes, cancel from the drop-down menu to confirm your cancellation. After that, you will be sent back to your free Spotify account.
How to Cancel Spotify Premium on iPhone?
- Launch the app labeled “Settings” on your iPhone.
- Tap your name.
- Select the Subscriptions option from the menu.
- Tap the Spotify option after scrolling down to find it.
- Now, choose the option to Cancel your membership.
- Confirm your choice, and you will then be finished.
How to Cancel Spotify Premium on an Android Smartphone?
- Launch Spotify on your Android-powered mobile device.
- Tap your name.
- Next, choose the Account Overview option from the menu.
- To see your plan, scroll down until you see the choice.
- Tap the option to Change Your Plan.
- On the next screen, scroll down until you see the Spotify Free option, and then hit the option that says Cancel Premium.
- Next, choose the Continue to Cancel option from the menu.
- Confirm your choice by selecting the “Yes, Cancel” option from the drop-down menu on the “Cancel Premium” page, and you are finished!
If I stop paying for Spotify Premium, what will happen?
When you deactivate Spotify Premium, your account is converted back to the free tier, which means that you are no longer charged for the additional features and functionality that come with the Premium tier.
While all of your playlists and stored music will continue to be accessible via your account, you will now hear audio that contains advertisements. In addition, when streaming content, you will no longer have an infinite number of skips available to you.
It is no longer possible to download audio to listen to offline or while not connected to Wi-Fi. When compared to the Premium quality, the audio quality of a free account is much worse than that of a premium account.