It is now much simpler to terminate a membership to a service that you are no longer using since this feature was just added. You want to end your YouTube TV subscription but you don’t know how to do it in the shortest possible method. We have you covered with regard to the most straightforward and expedient method to terminate your subscription to the YouTube TV streaming service.
You can watch live television broadcasts from all of the major networks and players with YouTube TV. To terminate your membership to YouTube TV, you will need to complete these procedures on each of your separate devices:
On a Computer, How to Cancel Your YouTube TV Subscription?
- Launch your preferred web browser, and go to the tv.youtube.com domain.
- After that, sign in. To do this, go to the upper right corner of the window and choose the Sign In option. Next, pick your Google account, and if you are not already logged in, enter your password before continuing.
- After that, choose the icon that represents your profile. You should be able to locate this in the upper-right hand corner of the window.
- After that, choose the Settings menu. This option will be located rather close to the top of the drop-down menu.
- After that, click on Membership. You will find this at the very top of the sidebar on the left.
- The next step is to click the Pause or Cancel Membership button. This information may be seen under the YouTube TV icon.
- After that, choose the Cancel Membership option. This choice is located at the bottom of the pop-up window that has shown. Make sure that you do not press the Pause button. If you do not deactivate your account during the first eight weeks, it will be activated beyond that time and you will be charged.
- Pick a “reason why you’re canceling,” such as “I’ve changed my mind.” It is not necessary for you to enter any text into the field that afterwards displays there.
- After that, click the Continue Canceling button. This will be shown at the bottom of the pop-up window that has appeared.
- Click the Cancel Membership button when you are finished.
You will be returned to the Membership page after clicking Cancel Membership. If you successfully canceled your subscription, Restart Membership will appear beneath the YouTube TV logo. You should then get an email verifying that you have terminated your YouTube TV subscription.
If you terminate a free trial, your membership will be immediately revoked, and you will no longer be able to access material on the streaming service. If you do not terminate YouTube free trial, you may still view any material on YouTube TV until the start of your next paying month.
If you’re considering canceling YouTube TV because it doesn’t broadcast live games from your favorite teams, have a look at our list of the top live sports streaming services.
Step-by-Step Guide to Canceling Your YouTube TV Subscription on an iPhone
To terminate your paid YouTube membership on an iPhone, you will need to launch a web browser on the device and go to the tv.youtube.com website. After that, choose the symbol that represents your profile, go to Settings > Membership > Cancel Membership, and then confirm your selection.
These actions are identical to those detailed in the preceding section. You may, however, terminate your YouTube subscription using the mobile app on your Android device, if you have one.
Step-by-Step Guide to Canceling Your YouTube TV Subscription on an Android Device
Launch the YouTube TV app on your Android smartphone, then sign in to be able to cancel your membership to YouTube TV. The next step is to press the symbol representing your profile, then go to Settings > Membership > Cancel Membership. At last, choose a reason for terminating your membership, then press Continue Canceling > Cancel Membership.
- Launch the application for YouTube TV on your Android phone.
- After that, sign in. If this is the first time you have used the Android app, you will need to choose the option labeled “Already a Member?” After that, sign in using the username and password you use for Google.
- After that, tap the symbol that represents your profile. This information will appear in the upper-right hand corner of your screen.
- Then, choose the Settings menu.
- Tap the Membership option after that.
- After that, choose either to pause or cancel your membership. This information will be shown below the YouTube TV logo.
- Select “Cancel” at the bottom of the page. Make sure you don’t hit the pause button on your membership.
- Pick a justification for your decision to withdraw.
- Click the Continue Canceling button. To proceed, you are not required to respond to any of the texts.
- On the page that follows, click the option to Cancel Membership.
What Does Pausing Your YouTube TV Subscription Mean?
You can be presented with the option to put a hold on your YouTube TV subscription when you want to terminate it, rather than the actual cancellation option. This will allow you to continue your subscription at any time during the following eight weeks; but, beyond that point, your account will be active, and you will be charged for continuing to use the service.
During the time that the service is put on hold, however, you will not be charged anything at all. The recordings in your currently active library will also be preserved, however the pause will be applied to all of the accounts that are linked to your YouTube TV account. When you restart using the service, which you may do at any time, you will regain full access to the resource.
Contacting Customer Service Regarding YouTube TV Cancellation
You may get in touch with the YouTube TV support team by logging into your YouTube TV account (you can do this through a computer, the mobile app, or the mobile browser) and selecting the symbol that looks like your profile from the menu that appears. Then go on over to Help.
One of the drawbacks of YouTube TV is that it does not have a customer support phone number that users may contact for assistance. Nevertheless, you may only request a call from their help team, chat with their support team, or contact their support staff.
If you go with the chat service, you’ll have the opportunity to obtain an instant answer. If you send an email, you should get a response within the next 24 hours. You also have the option to arrange a call with a support representative at any time.
After canceling, you should probably get in touch with your financial institution and ask them to halt any further payments to YouTube TV. By doing so, you may ensure that an erroneous charge will not be applied to your account. In the event that you continue to be billed for your subscription despite your best efforts to cancel it, you should get in touch with both YouTube TV and your financial institution in order to contest the charge.