The SmartCast platform will soon have direct access to the native Sling TV app, according to a recent announcement made by sling.com/vizio. Prior to this update, customers were able to cast Sling TV from their smart smartphone to any SmartCast-enabled television. A built-in application for Sling TV will now come standard on all newly released models of Vizio televisions.
Are you still perplexed? Everything that you need to know is included here.
Is Sling TV compatible with all Vizio television models?
Sling TV is one of the most well-known and well-liked streaming services in the United States. Sling TV is a streaming service that lets you watch on-demand programming, live sports, and even programming geared for children for only $30 a month. In addition to a large number of free channels, the service provides paid channels that focus on lifestyle, entertainment, and news.
Vizio TV was not always capable of streaming content from Sling TV, despite the fact that Sling TV is accessible on a wide variety of devices. Previously, users of Vizio smart TVs were required to cast the Sling TV app from their mobile devices in order to watch streaming content on their TVs through Sling TV. On the other hand, Vizio has only just begun to include some of the most popular applications on its SmartCast TVs. This means that the Sling TV app can now be downloaded via the Vizio App Store. You may now quickly download and use the application without any further configuration on your end.
Even if your television is a VIA model, you have nothing to be concerned about. Despite the fact that you won’t be able to download the software on it, you’ll still be able to cast anything you want using your phone.
How to Install Sling on a Vizio Smart TV?
Vizio’s operating system (OS) for connected TVs is called SmartCast. It is a homegrown solution that incorporates Apple AirPlay, Google Chromecast, and HomeKit. In addition to that, it is compatible with all speech assistants, including Google Assistant, Apple Siri, and Amazon Alexa.
sling.com/vizio TV may be downloaded via the SmartCast TV app store if you own one of those televisions. How to do it:
- Turn on the Vizio TV and ensure that it is connected to the Wi-Fi network.
- On the remote, you may either press the “V” button or the “Home” button. This will launch the Vizio App Store on your web browser.
- Find Sling TV now by using the D-pad to navigate the menus.
- Because the Sling TV app is already preinstalled, all you need to do to open it is tap the “OK” button that is located on the app tile.
Casting Sling to a Vizio Smart TV
One of the applications that are compatible with Chromecast is Sling TV. You can easily screencast Sling TV to your smart TV thanks to the built-in Cast functionality that comes standard on all Vizio Smart TVs. You also have the option of using the cast feature of your Chrome browser to send it to your Vizio TV.
Making Use of Your Smartphone
You can effortlessly cast Sling TV to the Vizio SmartCast TV if you have an iOS or Android smartphone. Here’s how it’s done:
- Download and install the Sling app on your phone.
- Ascertain that your smartphone and the Vizio Smart TV are both connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Sign in with your Sling account and open the app on your phone.
- Play the video you want on the app. When you play the video, an icon to cast it will appear on the playback screen. Select that icon.
- Your phone will now begin searching for nearby casting devices. Tap on it once it detects the Vizio Smart TV.
- Your selected video will now begin to play on the Vizio Smart TV.
Using Your Computer
If you don’t have your phone with you, you may quickly cast your favourite Sling video to your Vizio TV using your Chrome browser. What you should do is as follows:
- Fire up Chrome on your PC. Check that you have the most recent version.
- Go to the Sling TV website and sign in using your account.
- Right-click on the screen and then choose “Cast.” Your Vizio Smart TV will then appear on the list of devices to which you may cast. Click on it.
- Finally, choose a video from the website and play it. It will be shown on your television.
Sling TV offers a nice selection of channels and entertainment for both kids and adults, and now that it can be added to your sling.com/vizio, you can take advantage of this live-streaming service. Even if you don’t have a SmartCast TV, you can cast videos from your phone to your TV and watch your favourite programmes on a larger screen.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Is a SmartCast TV worth it?
Vizio’s SmartCast M-series is a range of excellent 4K TVs with built-in streaming applications. This way, you can view your favourite material in 4K without having to switch to Roku or Apple TV.
2. Do all Vizio TVs have SmartCast?
SmartCast is standard on all Vizio TVs produced in 2018 or later.