In order to get started with setting up and using your Roku media player, you are going to require a Roku account. The setup of your Roku account is completely free after you have made the initial investment in a Roku streaming player.
During the initial setup of a new Roku device, if you do not already have a Roku account that you can link to the device, you will be prompted to establish one. This can be done through the Roku player itself, the Roku website, or the Roku mobile app. The process is as follows.
When you activate a Roku device, you must create a Roku account.
Whenever you set up a new Roku device, you will be presented with the option to establish a Roku account without any more action required on your part.
When you initially turn it on and connect it to your television for the first time, one of the initial stages will require you to enter the email address and password associated with your Roku account. If you do not already have a Roku account, you will need to establish one before continuing.
It is normally recommended that you use the same Roku account on all of your different Roku devices if you own more than one Roku streaming player. If you subscribe to streaming services through Roku, you may take advantage of this feature so that you only need one account to handle all of your Roku channels as well as your payments.
How to Make a Roku Account Using a Smart TV?
- Launch a web browser and navigate to the Roku official website roku.com/link.
- Locate the “Sign in” link in the upper-right-hand corner of the webpage, and click on it.
- Click the “Create account” button on the right side of the page.
- Finish filling out the form by adding your name, email address, password, birthdate, and any other information that is applicable. To proceed, please click here.
How to Create a Roku Account Using the Mobile Roku App?
You have the option of signing up for a Roku account through the Roku mobile app, which is available for both the iPhone and Android operating systems. No matter what kind of phone you have, the steps in this process are exactly the same.
- Navigate to the top-right corner of the screen and tap the icon that looks like a user.
- When you arrive to the following page, select the Sign in option.
- On the screen that asks you to sign in or create an account, scroll down to the bottom of the page and tap the button that says “Create a free account.”
- After entering your personal information such as your name, email address, and password, you may then touch the “Submit” button.