Netflix is undoubtedly one of the best streaming services available today. It offers a wide variety of TV shows, movies, documentaries, and other original content. Did you know that with a VPN, your Netflix experience can be even better? In this article, we will explain how to use a free VPN to improve your Netflix experience.
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch Netflix?
There are several reasons why you should use a VPN with Netflix.
- Cheaper subscription.
Everything starts from the moment you subscribe. Netflix prices increase every year. But did you know that they are not the same for all countries? In some regions, you’ll even have access to more content for a lower subscription price. So, you can save money on your subscription by using a VPN.
- Better Internet speed.
Have you ever had a video, especially a live stream, freeze while you were watching it and you missed important moments? This is due to slow internet speed. Sometimes your internet provider may intentionally limit your speed to force you to buy a more expensive plan. A VPN can help increase the speed of your connection at no additional cost.
- Access to geo-restricted content.
Unfortunately, Netflix has limitations. It divides all available content into catalogs, and not all of them are available worldwide. This is usually due to the license rights of the content owners. However, there may be a situation when you don’t plan to break the rules, but you are traveling to another country and want to watch your favorite show in the hotel, but it is blocked in your new region of stay. In this case, the VPN will help.
- Enhanced security.
We’re sure that you don’t always connect to Netflix exclusively from your home. Sometimes you browse content while waiting at the airport, train station, or public transportation and use public Wi-Fi networks. Unfortunately, such connections are not secure and your personal data is at risk. But even a free VPN can easily cope with this problem by hiding your IP address and encrypting your traffic.
How Does a VPN Work?
Let’s take a look at how the main functions of the VPN can be useful for watching Netflix. You can conditionally divide the functions of the VPN into security and unrestricted access.
- Speaking about security, it is worth mentioning that the VPN hides your IP address. The IP address can provide attackers with a lot of information about you, including your personal data and location. Also, the IP address leaves your fingerprint on the web. When you connect to a VPN, your IP address is automatically replaced by the address of the server you are connected to.
In addition, the VPN encrypts your traffic using special secure protocols. This keeps your data safe during transmission. It is encrypted from the moment of sending it from your device until it reaches the recipient’s server. Only there can data be decoded using a special key.
This adds an extra layer of security to your connection. That is why you can safely watch Netflix using public Internet networks. All you need to do is install a VPN on all your devices, including your phone, laptop, and tablet so that your data is protected while you’re on the go.
- Overcoming geographical restrictions. Since its inception, the Internet has been conceived as a free place where people can exchange thoughts and ideas in the form of content without any restrictions. Unfortunately, this has changed. However, the VPN provides access to a large network of servers located in different countries. Thus, you can access the content you need anywhere in the world. We urge you to be responsible and not to break the law. But it is worth recognizing that due to imperfect systems, you may be subject to restrictions illogically. For example, you need access to content for your studies because you are writing a paper on the issues of certain countries or political forces. Or you are simply traveling, but lose access to content that should be open to you according to your subscription.
With a VPN, you can easily handle these restrictions. In addition, a VPN gives you access to unlimited shopping, and in the case of Netflix, this can help you save money on your subscription. To do this, simply connect to a server in a country with a lower cost of living and check what subscription prices the streaming platform will offer you.
How to Use a VPN with Netflix on Your Device. Step-by-Step Guide
- Step 1: Sign up for a VPN service that supports Netflix streaming.
- Step 2: Download the VPN on all devices you use to watch Netflix.
- Step 3: Connect to a VPN and choose a server from a region where the content you want to access is available (or from a country with a lower cost of living, if you wish to save on purchase).
- Step 4: Once connected to the VPN server, launch the Netflix app or visit the Netflix website. Log in to your Netflix account and start streaming.
Please be aware that Netflix makes efforts to track and block the use of VPNs with their service. This is due to their desire to comply with policies and maximize profits. Therefore, the app may give you an error, for example, the M7111-1331-5059 error code. If this error occurs try using a different server or location that is not blocked by Netflix. Clearing your browser’s cache and cookies, as well as updating your browser and Netflix app to the latest version, may also help resolve this error.
You should be aware that not all VPNs are suitable for Netflix. So let’s figure out how to choose the best option.
How to Choose the Best VPN for Netflix?
To choose the best VPN that would work well with Netflix, consider the following factors:
- First of all, the website of the VPN should state that they support Netflix.
- Pay attention to the service’s online reputation. To do this, check independent websites with user reviews. There you will definitely find information about the quality of the VPN.
- Pay attention to the encryption protocols. Choose a VPN with strong data encryption protocols to protect your information. Note that there are protocols that Netflix detects and blocks more often.
- A wide server network is extremely important. The more servers in different regions you have available from the VPN provider, the more options you have to improve speed and overcome geographical restrictions.
- Device compatibility. Ensure that you choose the VPN that enables numerous connections at once, and supports all of the devices you usually use to watch Netflix.
We are sure that by following the above points, you will choose the best VPN for Netflix and significantly improve your streaming experience.