As of right now, the Peacock app can be downloaded onto Samsung smart TVs and set up in the same way that any other software for a Samsung smart TV is.
Watching Peacock on a Samsung smart TV formerly required a separate streaming device, such as a Roku player, or the use of Apple’s AirPlay 2 to transmit the content from an iOS smartphone. It may be seen on Apple TV, Android TV, and SmartCast TVs from Vizio and LG, among others.
Peacock, NBC Universal’s streaming service, launched in July of last year and has seen steady growth since then. There are three tiers of membership available to customers: a free tier with adverts and limited content, the $4.99/month Peacock Premium tier, and the $9.99/month Premium Plus tier.
Some of the other streaming services that may be accessed on Samsung smart TVs include Disney+, HBO Max, and Amazon Prime. Samsung TV Plus allows subscribers to access live and on-demand programming at no extra cost.
What exactly is Peacock?
NBC Universal’s streaming service is still in its infant phases of development.
Its original shows are now its biggest draw, but in the future, the network hopes to include other popular series like “Saturday Night Live” and “Harry Potter” as well.
The most watched programmes on Peacock are:
- Breakaway from the New World Order
- Both Will and Grace have been brought into custody.
- Originally from the UK, 30 Rock Frasier now performs throughout the US.
- Raymond is well-liked by his neighbours.
- The Bates Motel may be found in Bates.
How do I Create Peacock Account?
Peacock’s signup process is simple, particularly on the free plan. To join Peacock, visit their peacocktv.com/tv or peacocktv.com/samsung on your browser, and after doing so, enter your email address and create a password. Visit your account page and click the “Upgrade Plan” button to make the change.
More features are available to paying customers (and Premium Plus does not include advertisements). Both of the premium plans may be tried risk-free for a week. The Peacock app not only works on a wide variety of platforms (for a full list, read our review), but it also lets you sign up for and manage your account from the comfort of your own mobile device.
How can I get the Peacock App for my Samsung Smart TV?
Samsung has pledged to make the Peacock TV app accessible via the Samsung App Store at no cost to users. You may use your Samsung TV’s built-in Search feature to look for and find the Peacock app, which can then be installed among your other apps.
- With your Samsung smart TV remote, press the Home button to access the main menu.
- Select the Apps tab and go from there.
- Find what you’re looking for by clicking the Search button.
- Now, here comes Peacock.
- The Peacock app should be chosen from the search results.
- The correct option is to set up.
- The Peacock app isn’t compatible with older Samsung smart TVs, but it works with the 2017 and newer models.
- Due to hardware restrictions, the Peacock app cannot be installed on earlier Samsung smart TV models.
How can I get Peacock’s TV shows and movies on my Samsung smart tv?
If you install the Peacock app on your Samsung smart TV, you’ll have access to exclusive live channels and original films that can only be seen on the Peacock streaming platform.
- You may launch Peacock from your TV’s app menu.
- A Peacock account and subscription are required to begin viewing.
- You’ll need the login details you established when you originally subscribed to the service in order to use the Peacock app on your Samsung TV.
- Peacock is a free, though restricted, software that you may download and use on your iOS or Android device.
- If you want access to all the Peacock Network has to offer, you may pay $4.99 per month or $49.99 per year for the Peacock Premium membership service.
However, advertisements still play when streaming.
With the $9.99/month Peacock Premium Plus subscription, you can completely avoid commercials.
Using Your Samsung Smart TV’s Features
- Samsung Smart TVs are compatible with a wide variety of streaming services, including Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, YouTube, and HBO Max (for TVs produced after 2016).
- Spotify and Pandora are only two of many music-related applications available.
- Access the Apps section of your device by clicking the link on your Home screen. To install an application, just look for it and then choose it.
The following chapters make up the Universal Handbook:
- The Samsung Smart TV’s ability to do this is one of its most alluring selling points.
- This function functions as a customised guide, showing you content from all of your streaming applications in one place.
- In addition, this function offers suggestions for material to see based on your watching habits, guaranteeing that you will never run out of things to watch on your computer or mobile device.
There is no cost to watch TV:
More than one hundred live channels are available without charge on Samsung TV Plus.
Casting from your smartphone:
- Furthermore, you may stream content from your mobile device to your Samsung Smart TV.
- Check that your phone and television are both linked to the same network.
- From the SmartThings app, choose Screen Sharing.
- It is advised that you enable sharing on your Samsung TV and pick Smart View.
- It’s never been easier to use your phone as a remote control.
The Samsung Smart TV’s user interface (UI) is refreshingly modern and minimalist.
At the bottom of the Home screen, where your applications are shown, you’ll see the Continue Watching, On Now, and Popular Movies choices.
A wide selection of Samsung TVs support Peacock
Peacock may be streamed to a Samsung smart TV with a web browser by buying or using an appropriate Roku player, Google Chromecast, Apple TV, Android TV device, PlayStation 4 or Xbox One. Peacock’s premium package is also pre-installed on certain Cox and Xfinity cable boxes. If a person already has any of these devices, they should have all they need to watch Peacock on their Samsung TV without incurring any additional costs.
In addition, all Samsung smart TVs released in 2018, 2019, and 2020 will have AirPlay 2 built in.
A smart TV may receive video streams from an iOS device, Mac PC, or Apple TV 2 through the Airplay 2 capability. This approach, however it requires a modern Apple device, is likely the fastest and easiest way to install Peacock on a Samsung smart TV without the need of a dedicated streaming player.
While it’s inconvenient to use a separate device, until a deal is made to give the streaming service to Samsung television, there aren’t many other options for watching Peacock on a Samsung smart TV.
Roku OS is one of the most recent systems to acquire compatibility with Peacock, and the number of supported devices is growing steadily. Many video streaming applications are readily available via Samsung’s TV platform, and owners of Samsung smart TVs may presently select between utilising an external device or the TV’s built-in AirPlay 2 compatibility.
Peacock on Samsung Smart TV: Our Final Opinions
Peacock is a free, though restricted, software that you may download and use on your iOS or Android device. If you want access to all the Peacock Network has to offer, you may pay $4.99 per month or $49.99 per year for the Peacock Premium membership service.
However, advertisements still play when streaming.
With the $9.99/month Peacock Premium Plus subscription, you can completely avoid commercials. Is the idea of viewing Peacock episodes on your Samsung smart tv something you’re excited about? Feel free to share your joy at this news in the comments section below.