Hulu is one of the largest streaming services in the United States, offering an extensive collection of content from TV series, movies, and even sports networks on demand, including The Orville and Rick & Morty, which are only available on Hulu.
The probable reason for HULU not working on your Smart TV:
There can be various reasons why HULU isn’t working on your smart tv. The reasons can be:
- Your internet speed is slow.
- You are using a blacklisted VPN server.
- Your HULU smart tv app is out of date.
- HULU server is down.
- Cache files in the HULU app.
How to fix if Hulu not working?
Is Hulu not working on a smart TV? Here’s how to fix issues with the Hulu Smart TV app. These basic methods will get you up and running with Hulu so you can stream the best Hulu movies without any problems.
- Clear Cache:
Firstly, clear all cached data from the Hulu app. This is the completely safe and best way to solve this problem. Here’s how to remove unnecessary temporary data and files from the Hulu Smart TV app.
- Open your Smart TV and go to the Settings section. Navigate to the app and select Hulu.
- In the Hulu app, go to Storage and click the Clear Cache option.
- Go back to the home page and select the Hulu app to see if it works.
- Reinstall Hulu App:
Rebooting your smart TV and reinstalling the Hulu app is another effective way to fix Hulu issues on your smart TV. If the Hulu app isn’t working properly, we highly recommend reinstalling it. Follow the following steps to uninstall HULU from your smart tv-
- Open your smart TV and click the Menu/Home button on your remote.
- Go to Apps Options and click Hulu in the list.
- Delete the Hulu app.
After the uninstall process is complete, restart your Smart TV and reinstall the Hulu app as follows:
- Open your Smart TV and go to the App Store. Find
- Hulu and click Install.
- After installation, sign in to the Hulu app with your credentials.
- The app should now work on smart TVs.
- Download the Latest Hulu Version on Smart TV:
On mobile, the Hulu app will automatically update when the latest version is available. Most Samsung smart TVs come with an auto-update feature, but many smart TVs don’t. So if your smart TV doesn’t update the Hulu app automatically, you’re using an outdated version and you may have problems streaming Hulu on your smart TV. To get the latest version of Hulu, delete and reinstall the Hulu app and start watching the best Hulu shows on your smart TV.
- Hulu Error Code:
There are various error codes to determine which error has occurred and it helps to resolve the problem quickly.
- Hulu Error 5003 denotes the Playback issue, which can be rectified by setting the date and time correctly
- Hulu Error p-dev 320 denotes a Connectivity issue with Hulu or your internet, which can be resolved by restarting the router or contacting Hulu support
- Hulu Error Code RUNUNK13 denotes Playback and buffering issues. It can be resolved by Clearing the cache or rebooting the Hulu app
- Hulu Error 16 denotes an Unsupported region issue (VPN error), which is resolved by Disabling the proxy and using a premium Hulu VPN.
- Check internet connection:
Poor internet speed is one of the biggest hurdles when it comes to Hulu streaming. Check your internet speed with the built-in speed test app. Hulu requires 16 Mbps to stream in 4K, 8 Mbps for live streaming, and 3 Mbps or higher to watch the Hulu library. If your internet speed is below the requirements for Hulu streaming, please contact your internet service provider for a faster speed or get a new high-speed internet connection.
- Check if the Hulu server is Down:
Hulu service may be down and streamers may be unavailable. So, if you’ve tried everything and Hulu still doesn’t work, it’s probably a Hulu outage issue. To confirm this issue, please contact Hulu Customer Service or read the latest posts on social media platforms about Hulu’s suspension.
- Check Your Smart TV Compatibility:
If Hulu’s website isn’t available on your TV, or Hulu isn’t casting to your smart TV, your smart TV may not support Hulu. The list of compatible smart TVs and devices that let you watch Hulu on the big screen is given below:
- Samsung Smart TV
- Vizio Smart Casts TV
- Android TV
- Apple TV (minimum 4th generation)
- LG TV
- Xfinity Flex Streaming TV Box
- Nintendo Switch
- PlayStation (4 & 5)