Amazon Prime subscription gives the user to access Prime Video free of cost. This streaming service hosts great original content and lets you rent and buy the latest movies. Subscribe to channels (depending on your location), and watch live streams of concerts and sports. But like all apps on smartphones, computers, and smart TVs, there are times when Prime Video stops working. Some common Amazon Prime Video problems are given below with their probable solution methods.
Problem: Streaming Problems
- Poor image quality on smart TVs can be caused by motion smoothing settings. Motion smoothing is a good setting to turn on when watching sports (now available on Prime Video), but it makes many movies and TV shows look worse. We recommend turning off the TV option if possible. Different TV manufacturers call it Action Smoothing, Auto Motion, Tru Motion, Motion Flow, etc.
- You can sign in to Prime Video on multiple devices, but Amazon limits the number of simultaneous streams to 3. If 3 devices are already watching a show or movie on Prime Video, it will not work on the 4th device.
- Prime Video will automatically detect the best video quality for your stream, but if the video quality is poor you can change it and force it to choose the best option. When watching videos on your phone, browser, or smart TV, go to the gear icon in the upper right corner and select Best to view the stream with the highest video quality settings. It also tells you how much data each layer is using. So, make sure you have enough data when using mobile services. Please note that due to bandwidth issues, the highest quality settings will cause excessive buffering and slow loading times.
- Check how many devices are signed into your Prime Video account and remove unused devices. Open the Prime Video website, click your profile icon in the top right, go to Account & Settings > Devices (tab), and select Sign Out next to the device you want to remove. Your device’s RAM management can also prevent Prime Video from functioning properly.
Problem: Payments not working
If you see error code 2063, your payment option isn’t working. You may also see payment-related error codes such as 2016, 2021, 2023, 2026, 2027, 2028, 2029, 2040, 2041, 2043, 2044, 2047, and 2048.
- Go to Account & Settings > Account (tab) and scroll down to Payment Preferences. To rent or buy TV shows and movies, make sure you have One-Click Payments enabled. This may be a different card than the one you use for your Prime subscription. Click Change to select a different map.
- Your Prime Video Channel subscription is linked to your Prime Account payment card. Make sure the card you choose allows online transactions and confirm your payment details. This option can be found on the Account tab in the Prime subscription section.
- Of course, the payment will fail if the debit card balance or credit card limit is insufficient. Change your card to another option to ensure payment.
Problem: Main Streaming problem
1060 is the most common, but also displays other error code numbers such as 1007, 1022, 7031, 7135, 7202, 7203, 7204, 7206, 7207, 7230, 7250, 7251, 7301, 7303, 7305, 7306, 8020 maybe, 90743 and 90743 (streaming issues).
- These error codes are probably caused by Internet connectivity or bandwidth problems. Run a network speed test on your phone or computer to see if you’re getting the speed you need. If you’re facing Wi-Fi connectivity issues, check out our guide on how to fix it.
- If you are using a media streaming device to watch Prime Video on your TV, make sure your HDMI cable supports standard HDCP 1.4 (for HD content) and HDCP 2.2 (for UHD and HDR content) Please Confirm. Make sure the cable is not torn or frayed and is in working condition. You may need a new HDMI cable to fix streaming issues.
Problem: Sign-in Problem
If you’re having trouble signing into your Prime Video account, you’ll see error code 5004. Error code 5014 or 5016 are displayed if the PIN for your Prime Video profile is not working.
- Make sure you are using the correct email address and password to log in to your
account. If two-factor authentication is enabled, you’ll need to use an authenticator app to access your device.
- Try logging in again in a few minutes as this may be due to an internal server issue. Check sites such as Is the service down or Down Detector to see if Amazon has a problem.
If you still can’t log in, you need to change your password. Click Forgot Password on the login page and follow the password reset instructions in the confirmation email.
To sign out of Prime Video, click your profile icon and select Sign Out.
- If for some reason enrolment is not possible, you can unenroll the device instead. Click your profile icon, go to Settings & accounts > Devices, and click Sign out next to the device you want to remove.
- You can set a Prime Video PIN to authorize purchases and enable parental controls. If your PIN doesn’t work, reset your PIN under the Parental Control page from Settings & accounts. Please note that the PIN only works for one device. Full parental control requires setting a new PIN on all devices running Prime Video