CBS stands for Columbia Broadcasting System. The original name of CBS was in 1928. It is both an American television network and radio network, Viacom CBS. CBS has made its application available on many devices. Android TV also allows you to add and stream CBS.
It offers a great selection of shows that people love. The CBS app is available for your TV. You can access a wide range of great performances. The CBS app has many shows to watch, including NCIS, Carice, Equalizer, Blue Bloods, Blue Bloods, Equalizer, Equalizer, Equalizer, Blue Bloods, Mom, B Positive, Love Island, Love Island, and NCIS.
CBS is a multi-platform app streaming news, sports, and entertaining shows. The CBS app lets you enjoy your favorite shows on a bigger screen. You can also view new episodes the day after it airs on TV. The CBS app is now available for Android TVs throughout the US. To stream the app, you will only need a TV Provider membership.
The CBS app doesn’t offer subscriptions. Go to cbs.com/tv/androidtv and Sign In using the credentials from your TV Provider to access the app. DIRECTV and Hulu are the TV Providers for CBS. Spectrum and Xfinity are other options. A valid subscription is required to enjoy CBS shows on Paramount Plus.
CBS Supported Android TVs
Here is a listing of Android TVs that can support the app.
- Sony Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Samsung TV
- Amazon Fire TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
- Philips Smart
- Mi Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
CBS Supported Android TV Boxes
Here is a listing of Android TV boxes which support the application.
- Nvidia Shield TV
- EPSON TV
- AT&T TV
- Mi Box
- AIR TV
How to Install and Activate CBS on Android TV?
Subscription TV Provider subscribers can add CBS to their TV. Follow these steps for activating and adding the app.
- On the Android TV Home Screen, click on Apps Tab.
- Tap the Google Play Store button to navigate the Search icon.
- You can search for CBS by entering the key phrase CBS.
- When search results appear, click on the CBS App icon.
- To download the application, click the Download button.
- Continue waiting until the download finishes.
- After installation, launch the CBS app.
- Click on Sign up with TV Provider. Then, click on Proceed option.
- Note down further the Activation Code.
- Visit cbs.com/tv/androidtv using web browser.
- The CBS Android TV activation number must be entered in the appropriate space. Click on To Activate.
- From the available options, select your TV provider.
- Sign in with your TV provider credentials.
- You will see your device activated immediately
- Start streaming the CBS App Library.
Alternative way: Cast CBS TV to Android TV
You can also stream the CBS App by casting, even though you’re not interested in adding it to your TV. This requires a strong Wi-Fi connection, a TV subscription, and an Android/ iOS smartphone. Now you are ready to cast the app.
- The CBS app can be downloaded from App Store and App Store if it isn’t already installed.
- After installing the app, launch it on your phone and sign in to your TV provider’s account.
- In the top-right-hand corner of your screen, click on the cast icon.
- Take your TV out of the array of options available to you.
- This casts CBS on your Android television.
- Finally, download the app and start streaming your favorite shows to your TV.
How do I stream CBS outside the US?
You may be aware that CBS is only available in the United States. Side loading the app onto your Android TV is the only way to get it if you aren’t in the US. This involves the following steps.
- Android TV Downloader Installation
- Android TV allows you to enable unknown sources.
- Install CBS Using the Downloader
Step 1: Installing Android TV
Android TV is not able to allow third-party apps. A downloader is an excellent tool that will enable you to add third-party applications to your Android TV.
- Launch the Google Play Store first to download the application.
- Click the Search Icon.
- In the search box, type downloader by AFTV news.
- From the search results, select the Downloader application.
- Click on To Install, and then click to Start the Download.
- The download will be completed.
Step 2: Allow Unknown Sources
Now, the downloader application is available. But it can be a bit tricky to install third-party apps. Install apps from unknown sources by changing these settings in Downloader.
- Launch your Android TV Settings.
- Select the Security restrictions option. Next, select the unknown sources option.
- Finally, click the Downloader option and activate it using the toggle.
- Install CBS using the Downloader
- Now, you must download the third-party application from an unknown source. These steps will allow you to add the TNT application.
- Get the Downloader App for Android TV.
- Click the Allow option button when prompted.
- Enter the URL for CBS Android TV apk into the URL cbs.com/tv/androidtv section. It’s possible to get it from trusted sites.
- Click on the icon to begin downloading the APK file.
- Finally, you can install the CBS app on your Android TV.